You’ve seen it in magazines or maybe one of Kourtney Kardashian’s Instagram posts, but what IS a Clarisonic?! The Clarisonic is a sonic cleansing brush that gently removes excess dirt, oil, and dead skin. Trust me, that washcloth is not doing the trick. My skin type is a combination of oily + dry which can make it difficult to find products that work. Your closet isn’t the only thing you should transition from summer to fall! Why should your skincare routine differ season to season? Here are a few reasons:
- With higher temperatures in the summer, your skin is almost guaranteed to produce more oil and sweat (your Clarisonic will definitely be working overtime). The main goal is to not clog your pores even further and use lighter products than usual.
- Additionally, you probably treat your skin to a few more days in the sun when it’s warmer outside. You can go ahead and switch that SPF 50 to something lighter once you stop spending as much time at the beach or by the pool.
- In the fall and winter months, I always notice my skin is dramatically drier. Try substituting your face wash to something more soothing and couple it with plenty of moisturizers to get the job done.
My Morning Skincare Routine
- After wetting my face, I apply a nickel-size of cleanser to my Clarisonic.
- I gently scrub away the dirt and oil from my face. *Even if you washed your face the night before, don’t be lazy with this part! *
- Then, I blot dry my face with a clean towel (separate from the one I use for the rest of my body).
- Next, I like to apply toner to my entire face but focus on my t-zone to help minimize pores.
- Do you have trouble looking bright and cheery in the morning ( aka me before every 8AM class)? Apply vitamin serum by Obagi to brighten up your face and balance out any hyperpigmentation!
- I moisturize my face with this best-selling product by Eminence. It smells wonderful and all of their products are 100% organic!
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put sunscreen on! It doesn’t matter if it’s the dead of winter, it should always be the last step of your skincare routine!
- Smile, cause your face is lookin’ so fresh and so clean!
*Disclaimer for all skincare reviews (not just mine with Clarisonic). Everyone has different skin, even family members. What works best for me, might not be the best fit for you. With that being said, the Clarisonic Mia has been the best gift my skin could have asked for. I immediately saw the difference in my t-zone, pore size, and congestion within the first week. I’ve made sure to pack it for my recent blogging events and trips to make sure my skin is camera ready! Still not convinced? The best way to test and see the difference is when you remove makeup. I never knew how much foundation I was leaving behind until I used the mia!
My beauty routine runs like clockwork and it’s very important to me. Growing up with a physician who works in anti-aging medicine and skin care, I probably know more about cell turnover rate and Botox than the average woman. Thankfully, this has allowed me to play around and find the best products for healthy skin and the Clarisonic is a clear winner. No matter the season, I ALWAYS use my Clarisonic twice a day!
Finally ready to try it out? Use the discount code: HERCAMPUS to receive 15%! With the holidays coming up, it would make a great stocking stuffer!
I’m always on the hunt for the best beauty products, so feel free to share your holy grail items below!
This post is sponsored by Clarisonic and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make GoodTomiCha possible!